100g Apple Cider Vinegar
20g Essential Cuisine Chicken Stock
5g Coriander Seed Whole
5g Black Pepper Corns
3.5g Fresh Dill
1.5g Fresh Thyme
5 Whole Chicken Breasts
890g Wheat Flour
30g Essential Cuisine American BBQ Style Seasoning
5g Sodium Bicarb
75g Wheat Flour
60g Gherkins, finely Chopped
130g Rapeseed Oil
30g Egg Yolk Powder
24g White Wine Vinegar
14g American Mustard
8g Worcester Sauce
23g Shallots - Finely Diced
10 Seeded Buns
Mixed Salad Leaves
1. Butterfly the chicken breasts and slice in half.
2. Place all the pickle brine ingredients into a bowl and mix until combined and dissolved. Add the chicken into the brine and chill for 12 hours.
3. Picnic Sauce - Place the water, sugar, Egg Yolk Powder, White Wine Vinegar, American Mustard, Worcester Sauce, Tabasco, Salt and Garlic into a blender and run on medium speed. Slowly stream in the rapeseed oil (the same as making a mayonnaise) until the sauce becomes thick and glossy. Scrape out into a bowl and stir in the shallots, parsley and gherkins. Chill until needed.
4. Dredge and Batter Wash – Place all the dredge ingredients into a bowl and mix. In a separate bowl add the flour and water for the batter to a bowl and mix until smooth.
5. Take the chicken from the brine and lay out on paper towel to drain. Discard the brine.
6. Place the chicken into the batter wash. Take out and allow the excess to drain off. Put into the dredge and pat off the excess. Place into a fryer at 180C and fry for 6-8 minutes until fully cooked through and the coating is crisp and golden.
7. Slice the buns and thinly slice the tomatoes. Place some of the picnic sauce onto the bottom of the bun. Add a slice of tomato and some lettuce on top. Add the chicken a few sliced pickles and then the top of the bun coated with more sauce.