200g shallot, finely chopped
1 sprig fresh thyme
2 bay leaves
100ml port or Madeira
Truffle juice to taste, from a tin of cooked truffle
1ltr Essential Cuisine Premier Veal Jus (made as per instructions)
75g truffle, finely chopped
Good Twist of freshly ground pepper
Sea salt, season to your taste
1. Melt butter in a suitable pan and add the chopped shallots, thyme and bay leaves. Fry gently until tender, with not too much colour.
2. Add the port/Madeira and the truffle juice, reduce by half on a high heat.
3. Pour in the Essential Cuisine Premier Veal Jus.
4. Bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
5. Remove bay leaves and thyme, stir in the chopped truffle and simmer for a further 5 minutes.
6. Finally season to your taste, your Perigueux Sauce is ready to serve with sautes of meat, poultry and game.