100g plain flour
50g mint leaves
10g green chilli, chopped
15ml lime juice
5g tamarind paste
3g cumin seeds
30g Essential Cuisine South Indian Style Seasoning
150g cooked potato, mashed
2g chilli powder
- Preheat a fryer to 190°c.
- Mix the flour and semolina in a bowl. Mix enough water to form a soft dough, you may need more or less water. Cover and leave to rest for 30 minutes.
- Divide the dough into 60 balls. Roll each ball into roughly 3cm circle. Cover with a clean tea towel.
- Add the circles into a fryer in batches, cooking for 1-2 minutes on each side.
- Add the mint, coriander, chilli, lime juice, tamarind paste, cumin seeds, sugar, salt, Essential Cuisine South Indian Style Seasoning and water in a food processor and blitz until smooth. Place in a large pan, bring to the boil, then remove from the heat and cool.
- In a bowl mix together the potato, salt and chilli.
- To serve take 1 puri at a time, make a little hole in the top, then a small amount of potato. Pour in some spicy water and serve immediately.