Ghee for frying the paratha
400g chapatti, plus extra for dusting
20ml sunflower oil
300g paneer, grated
150g onion, peeled and finely chopped
10g green chilli, finely chopped
3g garam masala
18g Essential Cuisine South Indian Style Seasoning
3g black mustard seeds
10g fresh coriander, chopped
- In a large bowl add the flour, 2g salt, oil. Slowly add the water to form a dough.
- Turn out the dough on a floured work surface and knead for 2 minutes. Return to the bowl, cover and rest for 15 minutes.
- In a bowl add the paneer, onion, chilli, salt, garam masala, Essential Cuisine South Indian Style Seasoning, mustard seeds and coriander. Roughly divide into 10 portions.
- Divide the dough into 10 balls. Roll out each ball into roughly 7.5 cm circles. Place 1 paneer portion in the centre of each dough circle and fold the dough over to enclose the filling. On a lightly floured work surface roll out the stuffed dough balls again to roughly measure 15cm.
- Heat a frying pan over a medium heat and cook each paratha for 2 minutes on each side, until beginning to colour. Drizzle about 1tsp of ghee over each paratha and continue to cook for 2 minutes on the other side of each 1.
- Serve hot with a knob of butter on each and chutney of your choice.