25ml vegetable oil
2kg British lamb neck fillets, cut into 3-4cm pieces
50g gluten free plain flour
100g melted butter
1500g onion, thinly sliced
500g carrots, thinly sliced
1kg peeled Kind Edward potatoes, cut into 3mm slices
2tbsp flat leaf parsley, chopped
Salt and pepper, to season
1. Preheat the oven to 160°C
2. Heat the oil in a suitably sized pan, season the lamb to your taste, dust lightly with flour and lightly fry until brown all over, remove and keep warm.
3. Sweat the sliced onions and carrots in half of the butter in the same pan for 4-5 minutes without gaining too much colour.
4. Place alternative layers of lamb, onions and potatoes into a deep earthenware dish with a lid, reserving the neatest rounds of potato for the final layer.
5. Bring the water to the boil and stir in the Essential Cuisine Lamb Stock Mix. Pour the stock into the earthenware dish and sprinkle the remaining butter on top of the potatoes. Put on the lid, put into the oven for 1 hour or until the lamb and potatoes are nearly tender.
6. Remove the lid and allow the potatoes to colour for a further 30 minutes.
7. Season to your taste and serve your Lancashire Hot-pot with freshly chopped parsley.