500g steamed short grain rice, chilled
150g kimchi, finely chopped
50g parmesan, grated
Good pinch of blitzed nori
10ml sesame oil
20g spring onion, finely chopped
75g cheddar cheese, cut into small dice
55g plain flour
100g panko breadcrumbs
1 recipe sweet soy sauce
1. Place the cooked rice into a large bowl, add the kimchi, parmesan, nori, sesame oil, aromatic base, spring onions and mix together well. Season to taste.
2. Roll the mix into balls around 30g each and place a dice of cheese in the middle of each ball. Place the balls on a lined baking sheet and place in the fridge. Chill hard for 2-3 hours.
3. Set up 3 dipping stations, with the flour, egg and breadcrumbs in each. First flour, then egg and then breadcrumbs.
4. Preheat a fryer to 170 degrees. In batches fry the arancini for 4-5 minutes until golden brown.
5. Serve with a sweet soy sauce.