3kg chicken wings, tips discarded and halved
2 litres water
90ml soy sauce
40ml rice vinegar
400g dark brown sugar
45ml sesame oil
750g gluten free flour
1. In a large saucepan add the 200g salt and 2 litres of water. Bring to the boil and boil until salt is dissolved. Leave to cool completely, add the chicken wings. Leave overnight.
2. Combine all the sauce ingredients in a medium saucepan, set over a medium-low heat. Bring to the boil, stirring constantly to prevent burning. Cook for 4 minutes, then remove from the heat and set aside.
3. Remove the chicken from the brine and pat dry. Toss the chicken in the cornflour, coating evenly. Shake off excess and transfer to a rack.
4. Preheat a fryer to 190 degrees.
5. In a large bowl whisk together the dry ingredients. Just before frying, whisk in the water little by little. You may not need all the water. The consistency should be relatively thin and runny.
6. Fry for 7-8 minutes until golden and crisp. Then toss in the sauce and serve.