- Preheat a BBQ until hot.
- Using a food processor add the onion to the bowl and blitz for around 5 minutes.
- Once the onion is blitzed. Pass the onion through a fine sieve to remove the pulp and keep the juice for the marinade.
- Add the spices to the onion juice, mix well.
- Cut the strip loin into 4inch pieces. Using a sharp knife butterfly the steak pieces, so you get a thin long piece of steak. Repeat with the other pieces.
- Using the back of the knife, gentle hit the steak to tenderize it. Place in a large bowl.
- Add the marinade to the bowl and leave for 1 hour.
- Tread the steak strip onto the flat metal skewers.
- Place the skewers on the BBQ, cook for 2 minutes on each side and serve with a bread or rice, salad and sauce of choice.