3kg chicken wings, tips removed, drums and flat separated
25g celery salt
10g white pepper
125g rice flour
Oli for frying
125ml sesame oil
300g hoisin sauce
375g sweet chilli sauce
40g caster sugar
45ml dark soy sauce
2 star anise
1 cinnamon stick
100g cucumber, cut into ribbons
45ml rice vinegar
25g caster sugar
50g spring onions, finely sliced
1. In a large bowl combine the wings with the dry spices and buttermilk. Leave to marinate for up to 4 hours. Drain off excess marinade and toss through the flours. Keep chilled until ready to fry.
2. Place all the sauce ingredients in a saucepan over a low heat and cook until the sugar has dissolved.
3. For the garnish, put the cucumber, rice vinegar and sugar in a bowl. Mix well and leave until ready to serve.
4. Place the wings into a fryer basket in small batches. Cook for 7-8 minutes or until core temp of 75°c is reached.
5. Toss the wings in the sticky glaze and stack them up on a serving dish, top with the spring onions and the pickled cucumber by the side.