8 cardommon pods
12 black peppercorns
2 bay leaf
2 cinnamon stick
5 onions, diced
5 green chillies, finely chopped
10 garlic cloves, crushed
5-6 inch fresh ginger, finely chopped
5kg goat or mutton
1ltr Essential Cuisine Signature Reduced Chicken Stock
10g chilli powder
20g garam masala
12 tomatoes, chopped
1lg bunch coriander
- Crush the cloves, cardommon, peppercorns in a mortar. Fry in a little butter with the bay and cinnamon. Add the onions and fry for 3-4 minutes until the onion start to caramelise.
- Add the chilli, garlic and ginger and fry for a further 5 minutes, covered.
- Add the goat and brown the meat for 5 minutes. Add the salt, turmeric, chilli powder and garam masala. Stir to coat the meat.
- Add the tomatoes and cook for 10 minutes on low. Cover with the Essential Cuisine Signature Chicken Stock Reduction, bring back to the boil and simmer or braise for 2 ½ -3 hours or until tender.
- Sprinkle with the coriander and serve with plain rice, nan breads, poppodoms and chutneys of your choice.