1 onion, peeled and cut in half
3 cloves garlic, peeled
½ bunch coriander chopped
½ tsp sugar
½ tsp smoked salt
2 tablespoon lard (or olive oil if preferred)
125ml Essential Cuisine Chicken Stock
1tsp Essential Cuisine Zesty Chermoula Style Seasoning
1. Place the tomatoes and onion on the hottest part of the bbq. Cook for a few minutes until starting to soften and colour. Remove and leave to cool.
2. On a vegetable grate, cook the garlic and the chillies with half the Essential Cuisine Zesty Chermoula Seasoning. Remove and leave to cool.
3. Place the vegetables in a food processor with the coriander, sugar, salt and the rest of the Zesty Chermoula Seasoning and blend until smooth.
4. In a pan heat the lard (or olive oil if using) and fry the vegetable mixture until dark and aromatic, about 3-5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Add the Essential Cuisine Chicken Stock and continue to cook for a further 5 minutes.
6. If it is too thick, add a little more stock and correct the seasoning. Serve at room temperature, but will keep in an airtight container in the fridge for 2-3 days.