200g shallot, finely chopped
1 sprig fresh thyme
2 bay leaves
100ml orange liqueur
150ml red wine
200ml fresh orange juice
1litre Essential Cuisine Premier Chicken Jus (made as per instructions)
20g Essential Cuisine Duck Glace
Good Twist of freshly ground pepper
Sea salt, season to your taste.
50-100g caramelised orange zest (optional)
1. Melt butter in a suitable pan and add the chopped shallots, thyme and bay leaves. Fry gently until tender, with not too much colour.
2. Pour in the liqueur, wine and juice, reduce by two thirds on a high heat.
3. Stir in the Essential Cuisine Premier Chicken Jus and Essential Cuisine Duck Glace, bring to the boil and simmer for 5 minutes.
4. Pass through a fine sieve and stir in the zest if required.
5. Finally season to your taste, your Duck and Orange Sauce is now ready to serve with whole roast duck or pan-fried Breasts.