518g Plain Flour
74g Granulated Sugar
Cereal Milk Crème Patisserie
200g Whole Milk
85g Essential Cuisine Crème Anglaise Mix
250g Double Cream
10g Hibiscus Tea
500g Icing Sugar
1. Cornflake Crème Pat: Place the cornflakes onto a tray and place in a 180C oven for 10 minutes or until golden brown. Remove and allow to cool. Place the milk onto the cornflakes and put in the fried overnight to steep.
2. Strain the cornflakes from the milk into a pan and add the double cream. Take the cornflour and Essential Cuisine Créme Anglaise Mix in a bowl. Add 1/3 of the liquid into the powders and mix to a slurry. Bring the remaining liquid to a boil and mix in the slurry. Cook for 3-5 minutes until fully thickened. Cool and fridge until needed.
3. Hibiscus Glaze – Boil the water and pour over the hibiscus tea leaves. Allow to cool. Strain and mix enough of the liquid with the icing sugar to make a runny glaze. This may take more or less water depending how thick you want it.
4. Doughnut Dough – Place all the dough ingredients except the butter into a mixer with a dough hook and mix on slow speed until the dough comes together. Place the mixer back on a medium speed and mix in the butter in small pieces until incorporated. Cover the bowl with cling film and leave in a warm place to double in size. Knock the dough back, recover and place in the fridge overnight.
5. Take the dough and cut into 50g pieces. Roll them into small balls and place on a floured tray. Cover loosely with cling film and allow to prove until doubled in size.
6. Heat a fryer to 180C. Slide the doughnuts from the tray into the oil. Do this is batches to the oil does not go too cold and they don’t stick.
7. Fry for 2-3 minutes until golden and flip over. Once cooked drain on kitchen paper.
8. Once cooled, fill with the crème pat. Cover with the glaze and serve.