50ml olive oil
700g celeriac, peeled and diced in to roughly 2 cm square cubes
200g white onion, peeled and chopped
200g leek, white only, washed and chopped
1 garlic clove, chopped
2 sprigs of fresh thyme, leaves only, discard the stalks
32g Essential Cuisine Vegetable Stock Mix
1.8lt boiling water
200ml double cream
100ml truffle oil to garnish
- Heat the olive oil in a suitable pan over a medium heat, add the celeriac, onion and leek and cover to gently cook for 10 mins until the vegetables begin to soften. Stir occasionally.
- Add the boiling water, Essential Cuisine Vegetable Stock and thyme, simmer for 20-25 mins or until the vegetables are tender.
- Using a stick blender or food processor puree the soup until smooth.
- Return the soup back to the pan and place back on the heat, add the cream and season with salt and white pepper taste.
- Serve in warm bowls and garnish with a generous drizzle of truffle oil.