3kg chicken wings, tips removed, drums and
25g celery salt
10g white pepper
125g rice flour
Oil for frying
30g fresh chives, finely sliced
300g fresh chillies
50g Essential Cuisine Aromatic Base
5g smoked paprika
250g butter, chopped into large chunks
Salt to taste
BLUE CHEESE SAUCE
45ml sour cream
1.5g celery salt
1g black pepper
1. Preheat a fryer to 180°c
2. In a large bowl combine the wings with the dry spices and buttermilk. Leave to marinate for up to 4 hours. Drain off excess marinade and toss through the flours. Keep chilled until ready to fry.
3. Place the wings into a fryer basket in small batches. Cook for 7-8 minutes or until core temp of 75°c is reached.
4. As soon as the wings are cooked get them in a bowl and drench in the buffalo sauce, place on a plate, garnish with chives and serve with blue cheese sauce.
1. In a food processor blitz the chillies with the vinegar, water, Essential Cuisine Aromatic Base. Add the paprika and cornflour and continue to blitz until smooth.
2. Transfer the sauce to a saucepan and slowly bring to the boil, taking care to remove any impurities that bubble up.
3. Remove from the heat and add the butter slowly blending with a stick blender. Once all the butter has been blended into the hot sauce, strain through a fine sieve to remove any pulp.
4. Adjust the taste with honey, adding a little at a time until you’ve got the correct sweetness.
Blue Cheese Sauce
1. Combine all the ingredients in a blender and blitz until you’ve got a smooth sauce.