- Place the milk, double cream and Essential Cuisine Crème Anglaise in a medium pan over a medium heat. Bring to the boil slowly, whisking continuously.
- When the anglaise has thickened and the starches have cooked out, place in a bowl and cover. Place in the fridge until it has completely cooled.
- Remove the anglaise from the fridge, fold in the whipped cream and place in a piping bag.
- Take the cooked doughnuts and make a small pocket in the side, pipe in the custard, roll in a caster and icing sugar mix.
- Place the sugar in a small frying pan with a splash of water. Put over a low heat to melt the sugar and turn it into a light caramel. Dip each doughnut into the caramel to make a brulee top.