170g Essential Cuisine Crème Anglaise Mix
1ltr whole milk
2 egg yolks
2 brioche loaves, sliced diagonally
150g butter, melted
100g milk chocolate, chopped
100g soft brown sugar
- Mix the Essential Cuisine Crème Anglaise Mix powder with whole milk. Bring to the boil, whisking constantly. Simmer for 3 minutes, continuing to whisk. Remove from the heat, strain and set aside. When cold, whisk in the egg yolk.
- Dip the sliced brioche into the butter and line up in an ovenproof dish. Between each row, add a little marzipan and chopped chocolate. When full, pour over around 1/2 of the Essential Cuisine Crème Anglaise Mix. Leave for 5 minutes for the brioche to fully absorb the liquid.
- Pour over more of the Crème Anglaise and leave again for 2
minutes. Top up the dish if needed with more Crème Anglaise.
- Put back in the oven at 170°C for about 45 minutes until the custard is set. Sprinkle with the soft brown sugar and return to the oven for another 10 minutes or until the sugar has melted.
- Serve hot with the rest of the Crème Anglaise.