- Rinse the tongue under running water for 1 hour. Braise in the Essential Cuisine Signature Beef Jus, Reduced Chicken Stock and the water. To check if it is cooked, squeeze the thin end of the tongue with 2 fingers. If you can feel the fingers touching, it is ready. Remove from the liquid and leave to cool.
- When cold, peel the skin away and remove all fibres and nonmeat parts. Wrap in clingfilm and store in the fridge until needed
- In a flat nonstick pan, pour the egg white and set over a low heat. Cook gently until all white. Remove from the pan and chop into julienne.
- Mix the Essential Cuisine Signature Hollandaise Sauce with the gherkins, egg white, parsley and Essential Cuisine Veal Glace. Season to taste
- Slice the tongue to the required thickness. Spoon a circle of the sauce onto the plate. Arrange the sliced tongue on top. Garnish with microcress salad leaves