- Melt the butter in a thick bottomed pan with a little oil. Sweat the sliced onions with the garlic, rosemary, thyme and a little salt and pepper until they are soft and without colour. Strain and set aside. Remove the herb stalks.
- Thinly slice all the potatoes.
- In an ovenproof dish, layer up the potatoes with a sprinkling of the onions in between layers, seasoning as you go.
- Bring the Essential Cuisine Signature Reduced Chicken Stock and the water to the boil with a little rosemary and thyme. Strain over the potatoes in the dish, using just enough to cover completely but so they don’t float.
- Cover with greaseproof paper and tin foil and bake at 150C for about 1.5-2 hours or until the potatoes are soft all the way through and the liquid has been absorbed.