10ml olive oil
100g onion, finely chopped
10g garlic cloves, crushed
100g peppers, finely diced
400g arborio risotto rice
40g Essential Cuisine Asian Aromatic Base
500ml boiling water
200g peeled prawns or crayfish, cooked and roughly chopped
5g chopped fresh herbs( dill, chives, tarragon)
1 egg yolk
50g grated Parmesan cheese
2 eggs, beaten
- Heat the oil in a thick bottomed pan, gently fry the onion, garlic and peppers till soft but without too much colour.
- Stir in the rice and sweat until the outside looks transparent.
- Whisk the Essential Cuisine Asian Aromatic Base into the water and gradually add to the pan, a little at a time, until absorbed by the rice. The rice should be al dente.
- Take off the heat and allow to cool, chill in the fridge.
- Gently stir the prawns, herbs, egg yolk and parmesan into the risotto mix.
- With wet hands, form the mix into suitably sized balls. Pane in the flour, egg and breadcrumbs. Chill for one hour.
- Heat a fryer to 180◦c, deep fry the arancini until golden brown and hot in the middle with your choice of sauce eg. tomato and basil or an Essential Cuisine Miso mayonnaise.