50ml olive oil
1.5kg chicken breasts
1 large red onion, sliced
50g Essential Cuisine Aromatic Stock Base
2 litres coconut milk
100g tomato puree
50 cherry tomatoes, halved
Fresh coriander, to garnish
Rice, to serve
- Preheat the oven to 180C. Heat half the oil in a large pan and fry the chicken over a medium heat for 3-4 minutes to brown all over.
- Transfer to a roasting tray and cook in the oven for 18 minutes.
- Meanwhile, add the onion and the remaining oil to the pan and cook for 5 minutes over a low heat. Add the Essential Cuisine Aromatic Stock Base and cook for a further 1 minute.
- Pour the coconut milk into the pan and stir in the tomato puree. Simmer for 10 minutes. Add the cherry tomatoes and simmer for a further 1 minute.
- Remove the chicken from the oven and slice thickly. Add to the sauce and stir to mix. Top with coriander leaves and freshly ground black pepper and serve with rice.