Coeliac Awareness Week - how we can help
12th May 2015
This week (11th - 17th May) the Stock People are supporting Coeliac UK Awareness Week.
Coeliac disease is a lifelong autoimmune disease caused by intolerance to gluten; it is estimated that 1 in 100 people have the condition. Symptoms include bloating, diarrhoea, nausea, wind, constipation, tiredness, sudden or unexpected weight loss, hair loss and anaemia.
Treatment of the disease is through a lifelong gluten-free diet.
For chefs, this means another dietary requirement to consider. But to make life easier, Essential Cuisine manufacturers British stocks and sauces that are gluten free, but suitable for all, meaning only having one tub on the go, not several for different requirements.
- 12 Stocks - Beef, Chicken, Vegetable, Lamb, Fish, Mushroom, Ham, Turkey, Veal, Roast Chicken, Light Vegetable and Cheese.
- 4 Halal Stocks (approved by Halal Food Authority) - Beef, Chicken, Vegetable and Lamb
- No1 Savoury Gravy (gluten free and vegetarian)
- 3 Premier Jus - Veal, Chicken and Lamb
- 10 Glaces - Beef, Lobster, Game, Chicken, Veal, Lamb, Vegetable Mirepoix, Duck, Pork, Wild Mushroom.
- 4 Signature Sauces - Beef Jus, Red Wine Jus, Reduced Chicken Stock, Hollandaise Sauce.
For more information on these gluten free ranges, visit the website.
If you would like to try a free sample of any of the Essential Cuisine ranges, just click here and we'll get them out to you as soon as we can.